- Opened its doors as Virginia Peninsula Vocational Technical Center in 1965 (see History for information regarding growth of facilities and services).
- Owned and Operated by the six Peninsula School Divisions (Gloucester, Hampton, Newport News, Poquoson, Williamsburg/JCC, and York).
- Largest of the nine regional centers in the state of Virginia in both size and scope of service.
- Centers include:
- Career and Technical Education Center
- Center for Apprenticeship and Adult Training
- Governor's School for Science and Technology
- Center for Autism
- Newport Academy
- Family Counseling Center
- Located on four sites:
- Butler Farm Campus a 115,000 sq. ft. bldg. on 30 acres
- Woodside Lane is a 75,000 sq. ft. main bldg. and 50,000 sq. ft. modulars on 20 acres
- Kiln Creek is a 15,000 sq. ft. integrated wing at Kiln Creek Elementary School
- York Middle School is a 8,800 sq. ft wing (being constructed) at York Middle School
- Over 300 employees (full and part-time)
- Total budget exceeds $12,000,000
- Serves approximately 1,500 public school students and another 1,200 adults per year