Dedicated to Developing Academic and Leadership Talent in
Science and Technology
Welcome to the Governor's School for Science & Technology homepage! In keeping with our 22 year history of providing a distinguished science curriculum to the region’s gifted high school students, the Governor’s School provides a cohesive, innovative science and mathematics program which:
- Embraces quality programming standards for gifted students recommended by the Virginia Department of Education and the National Association for Gifted Children,
- Prepares students for acceptance into top universities
- Provides a cohesive sequence of courses in science, research, and mathematics
- Provides opportunities for social peer interaction, as well as career and college guidance
- Provides leadership education and opportunities throughout the program
View our Video
| View Our School Profile
| View Our Brochure
| View Our Spring 2013 Newsletter
| View Our Spring 2012 Newsletter
College Board High School Code (CEEB Code): 471019
The Governor's School for Science and Technology has been named to Virginia Living’s Top High Schools and Universities 2013 list.
Virginia Living’s Top High Schools and Universities 2013 recognizes innovation and excellence in secondary and higher education in Virginia across five categories: Arts & Humanities; Science, Math & Technology; Capital Improvements; Co-Ops & Partnerships; and Athletics. New Horizons Governor's School will appear in the Science, Math and Technology category for its mandatory Research Methodology and Ethics curriculum.Click Here for Other Important Announcements.